About This Product
Communication is a complex and often difficult process for both the receiver and the sender. Possessing the ability to speak guarantee that speaking is done effectively. This material will enable you to improve your communication skills in both your professional and personal life. The leaders' guide focuses on examining the communication process, common barriers, and techniques and tools to improve this critical skill.
Obtain the highest quality management skills quickly and cost effectively. Every leaders' guide has been designed, developed, and written with adult learning theory and information mapping considerations. Engaging and lively content combines an optimal mix of case studies, charts, tips, and guidelines. Also included are our pre- and post-program assessments, which are highly effective tools for guiding the learning process and providing critical evaluation. Each content page has opposing pages for notes and each leaders' guide may also be used by a facilitator or as a self-study guide for self-paced learning.
Once purchased, download instructions will be sent to you via email. (PC and MAC Compatible).
Workbooks are reproducible for a $15.00 royalty fee per copy. You can purchase all additional royalty copies by clicking here or visiting the reprints page.
These leaders' guides are in pdf format so you will require the Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view or print them.
When ordering, if you need an extraction program to unzip the file please visit one of these sites below.
These programs all have free trials that can be used to unzip our files. Make sure you have your pop-up blockers disabled.
Winzip - https://www.winzip.com/win/en/dprob.html
Winrar - https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Ask Yourself ...
- Why is communication a two-way process?
- What factors cause miscommunications to occur?
- How can active listening enhance communication?
- Why is nonverbal communication as important as verbal communication?
- What attitudes contribute to effective communication?
- Communication is a complex and often difficult process for both the receiver and sender. Barriers on both sides of the process often deflect the real meaning of the message and inhibit clear, open, and rewarding communication.
- In this program the communication process will be reviewed, common barriers examined, and techniques and tools presented that can be used to help improve this critical skill.
Upon Completion You Will Be Able To:
- Recognize and understand the barriers that inhibit effective communication.
- Identify problem areas that hinder your own success as a communicator and determine how to overcome them.
- Select the communication techniques you will use in the future to strengthen and improve your interpersonal relationships.
- Describe the feedback process and its impact upon successful communication.
- Generate an action plan to foster your ability to give and receive feedback and to communicate more effectively
Table of Contents/Summary
This resource material has been organized for you in the following way:
- We begin with an introduction and then present a pre-test which will help you determine where you are in your awareness and use of your communication skills.
- Pre-Test: Your Communication Skills
- Pre-Test Feedback: Your Communication Skills
- We begin by discussing the fundamentals of communication. There are presentations on the fundamentals and barriers of clear communication.
- Presentation: Communication - A Two-Way Process
- Graphic: A Communication Model
- Presentation: The Fundamentals Of Communication
- Application: Sender Communication Techniques
- Communicating is more than just sending the message. Listening is an important component in this process. To emphasize this aspect, we have provided an application with specific techniques to help you become an effective listener and a, professional communicator.
- Application: Receiver Communication Techniques
- Exercise: Effective Listening Characteristics
- Feedback is an often-neglected aspect of communication. It is important to both give and receive feedback. Unfortunately, many barriers can hinder the giving and receiving of critical feedback.
- Model/Diagram: Johari's Window - A Source of Feedback
- Exercise: Barriers To Giving Critical Feedback
- Model: The Do's And Do Not's Of Effective Feedback
- We conclude this material by reviewing the key points of communication. This review also includes a post-test designed to review and check your understanding of communication skills.
- Key Points
- Post-Test: Enhancing Your Communication Skills
- Post-Test Answers: Enhancing Your Communication Skills
- Action Plan