About This Product
Role of the Team Leader
This flexible program can be delivered as a one or half day event, covering the key roles of team leadership and team dynamics. This is an introductory program to help team leaders understand what is expected of them as managers, above and beyond their technical or specialist skills in post. It is suitable for a wide range of levels and types of work, because the principles can be applied through the discussion activities.
Suitable for new team leaders and aspiring team leaders. This is an introductory programme to help team leaders understand what is expected of them as managers, above and beyond their technical or specialist skills in post. It is suitable for a wide range of levels and types of work, because the principles can be applied through the discussion activities.
The first half of the programme can form a standalone event, and will cover the various roles, functions and responsibilities of a team leader. Though this varies according to workplace, delegates will be asked to examine the limits of authority and accountability and how they are defined. The programme ensures delegates understand the importance of respect and trust, and how to establish and maintain these to be an effective team leader.
The second half focuses on 'team dynamics', or 'how teams work', and provides a better understanding of how to use this knowledge to create an effective working group. The programme also helps delegates to appreciate the complementary roles needed for a productive team, and the importance of recognising people's preferred team roles, and thinking about how best to deploy team members.
- Recognise and understand the role and responsibilities of the team leader as a facilitator, coach and co-ordinator.
- Understand the limits of his/her authority.
- Understand the importance of respect and trust within the team.
- Understand the importance of establishing and maintaining respect and trust within the team and practical ways of doing this.
- Identify a range of leadership styles and their suitability for a range of situations.
- Understand how a team differs from a group, and practical ways of developing a team to a mature, effective stage.
- Identify people's 'preferred roles' and how they fit with those roles needed to make a team effective.
Amazing Appraisals program pack includes:
Trainer's Pack (MS Word Document):
- Program profile. A brief marketing overview of the program.
- Joining Instructions and Pre-course 10 things exercise. Adaptable template to send to trainees in advance of the session.
- Critical equipment list. List of equipment and tools needed to deliver the training, including all the handouts required.
- Lesson plan. Notes for the trainer on how to run the program. This gives a detailed explanation of how to deliver the session, complete with the input and learning points that should be made and notes on how to run activities.
- 17 pages.
PowerPoint Slides and Trainees Notes (MS PPT Document):
- All slides necessary to run the program. You can add your details in the first and last slide. If you wish to include your logo or a client logo, this can be done in the Master Slide option.
- Trainees' Notes are included in the slides and can be printed out for the trainee as handouts. When printing your slides to create a handbook for your trainee, select 'print' and under the option 'Print What' select 'Notes pages'
- 38 slides.
Activity Pack (MS Word Document):
- All materials required to run the games/activities specified. Detailed explanations of the activities/exercises used to consolidate learning are included in the Lesson Plan. Refer to the Critical Equipment List for details.
- Evaluation form. Request trainees to complete evaluation following training to gain immediate response to your program or they can be completed and collected later.
- 6 pages.
Bullets & Fonts
All Ready Set Present PowerPoint Content, Quotes and Handout Presentations use standard fonts. If your computer does not currently have these fonts installed, we have included a font file to ensure your presentation works properly.
When ordering, if you need an extraction program to unzip the file please visit one of these sites below.
These programs all have free trials that can be used to unzip our files. Make sure you have your pop-up blockers disabled.
Winzip - https://www.winzip.com/win/en/dprob.html
Winrar - https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm