About This Product
The Assertive Responsible Communication leaders' guide
enables you to clarify, define, personalize, and practice skills
that will lead to improved performance and productivity. With
this leaders' guide you will be able to identify and assess the impact
of behavior on the communication process, understand the importance
of body language, and practice communication techniques.
Obtain the highest quality management skills quickly
and cost effectively. Every leaders' guide has been designed, developed,
and written with adult learning theory and information mapping
considerations. Engaging and lively content combines an optimal
mix of case studies, charts, tips, and guidelines. Also included
are our pre- and post-program assessments, which are highly effective
tools for guiding the learning process and providing critical
evaluation. Each content page has opposing pages for notes and each leaders' guide may also be used by a facilitator or as a self-study guide for self-paced learning.
Workbooks are reproducible for a $15.00 royalty fee per
copy. You can purchase all additional royalty copies
by clicking here
or visiting the reprints page.
Once purchased, download instructions will be sent
to you via email. (PC and MAC Compatible).
These leaders' guides are in pdf format so you will require the
Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view or print them.
When ordering, if you need an extraction
program to unzip the file please visit one of these sites below.
These programs all have free trials that can be used to unzip our
files. Make sure you have your pop-up blockers disabled.
Winzip - http://download.winzip.com/winzip120.exe
Winrar - http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar380.exe
- Do you sometimes have difficulty saying what
you think and feel?
- Do you find it hard to express your opinion
at work? or with friends?
- Can you be direct and clear about what you want
Upon Completion You Will Be Able To:
- Define and describe Assertiveness
- Identify the differences between passive, assertive
and aggressive behaviors, and assess the impact each has on
the communication process.
- Understand the importance and components of assertive
behavior, verbal and non-verbal body language.
- Assess your skills and practice assertive communication
- Generate an action plan to enhance your assertive
Table of Contents/Summary
This resource material has been organized for you
in the following way:
- We begin with an introduction and then present a pre-test
which will help you determine where you are in your awareness
and use of assertive behavior skills.
- Pre-Test: Your Assertive Communication Skills
- Test Feedback: Your Assertive Communication Skills
- Assertiveness and assertive rights are then defined to provide
a clear description of what exactly is meant by this type of
- Work Sheet: What Is Assertive Communication?
- Check List: The Basic Principles Of Assertiveness
- Most people who are not assertive are often either passive
or aggressive, and we have included a discussion of these behaviors
- Exercise: Do You Know The Difference?
- Exercise: Which Behavior Do You Generally Use?
- Next, all three types of behaviors; passive, assertive, and
aggressive are identified and compared, and the impact of each
is discussed within the context of effective communication.
- Presentation: Assertive Communication -- Be A More Effective
- Chart: What Are The Characteristics of Each Behavior
- In this section we discuss the many facets of assertive behavior,
including verbal techniques and non-verbal body language.
- Exercise: Strengthening Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Application: Guidelines For Assertive (DESC) Dialogue
- The next section of material clarifies, defines and describes
the range of situations in which assertive communication is
critical to your effectiveness.
- Exercise: Test Your Assertive Reaction
- Inventory: What Do You Want To Change?
- Exercises: Write The Assertive Communication
- We then provide you with a forum to apply what you have learned.
We conclude with an application work sheet so you can transpose
our models into your daily real life situations.
- Case Study: What Would You Say?
- Application: Planning To Be An Assertive Communicator
- We conclude with a post-test, designed to review and check
your understanding and an action plan to help structure what
you apply after working with this resource material and/or your
- Post-Test: Your Assertive Communication Skills
- Post-Test Answers: Your Assertive Communication Skills
- Action Plan
Copyright & Liability
By purchasing this product I agree to
the copyright & liability below:
Products electronically transferred are your acceptance to the terms and conditions of the license and usage as described. This material is for a single user who may present this material provided they do not alter and keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact (more...). This product may not be re-sold, distributed, stored in a database or retrieval system, downloaded, except by written permission from the publisher. Any infraction or infringement will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
NOTE: To edit this product, add content, your
logo, and more, read our FAQ.